THE MILL

Welcome to Shepshed Watermill, an historic mill dating back and recorded in the doomsday book 1080. The mill was once part of the Garendon Estate until the mid 1970's, now under private ownership the mill has been restored and received a national award in 2003 from The Society for the Protection of Ancient Buildings SPAB.

 

The building is made up of three floors Machine Floor, Stone Floor and Bin Floor with a Gantry.

 

The mill has 4 sets of stones, 2 Derbyshire grit stones & 2 French burrs. The Waterwheel is enclosed in a brick building adjacent to the mill. The water outlet is via a 250ft long culvert which was introduced after modifications to the waterwheels height many years ago.

 

The mill adjoins the farm house giving it a conservative view from the main entrance, many locals never knew the mill existed due to  the properties appearance as a working farm.

 

GROUND FLOOR GEARING

FLOOR PLANS

WATERWHEEL

MILL POND

GROUND FLOOR

FIRST FLOOR

SECOND FLOOR

SECOND FLOOR

MILL FARM, HATHERN ROAD, SHEPSHED, LE12 9RP  t:01509 506420  shepshedwatermill@gmail.com